Happy Earth Day!
OF COURSE I had to bring you some ideas to add to your life in order to be more earth-friendly. Living more sustainably is a great way to lower your footprint on this earth and do your part in minimizing trash. One of my favorite secrets about living more sustainbly is that is saves you money!
It is currently quarantine life over here (thank you COVID-19) and I am so thankful for my reusable things. Particularly because if I run out of something, it may take awhile before I can restock on it. It’s not like I can pack up my children and head to the grocery store. Even purchasing things online is potentially contaminated, so reusable = my best friend.
The thing about this list, is that anyone can do it starting today. This isn’t about reinventing your life, but about replacing disposable with reusable.
- Cloth diapering and cloth wipes
- Ditch the plastic flatware and paper plates and use your plates. Using the dishwasher is actually less wasteful
- Cloths instead of paper towels (these cloths are AMAZING for cleaning the whole house with just water!)
- Cloth rounds for make up removal
- Microfiber towels for whole-face make up removal
- Wool dryer balls instead of fabric softener
- Balls of aluminum foil instead of dryer sheets to remove static
- Refillable soap dispensers and make your own foaming soap!
- Washable nipple pads
- Menstrual cup
- Cloth menstrual pads
- Steel straws
- Glass water bottle
- Line dry your clothes
- Use “old” water to water your plants instead of tossing it
- Reusable grocery bags
- Save glass jars for bulk/loose food storage
- Reusable coffee filter / K-cup
- Branch basics cleaning concentrate- reusing the same spray bottles and making your own cleaner with the concentrate. The concentrate is eco-friendly!
- Silicone scrubber instead of sponges
- When the silicone scrubber above can’t get those difficult dishes with dried food bits or grease stains, these reusable scrubbers should do the trick!
- Silicone food storage bags / snack cups for kids instead of sandwich bags
What are some of your favorite ways to live more sustainably? Please share in the comments so we can keep this list growing!
*This post may contain affiliate links. By shopping through these links, I may make a small commission through Amazon Affiliates. Thank you for supporting my blog.